ATI 9000 Pro

Jim Steed yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 10:49:55 -0500

Hi Ryan,

I bought a Dual 1.25 GHz with the same Radeon.  After it didn't work, I
bought a Radeon 7000 (and carried a PC's monitor over from the other side of
the lab) in hopes everything would magically work, but I am still stuck at
the same white screen.  I'm currently trying to work it out with the $30 YDL
support service, but all their suggestions seem to have bombed so far (only
a day and a half though, I tried on my own for a couple weeks before buying
the support).

You could buy a PCI card and a DVIator connector, or you could wait for a
future release, but other than that you're basically stuck.  If you buy the
software from YDL, you also get the "Tasty Morsels" cd (not downloadable
anywhere as far as I know); you likely can boot off of the "Tasty Morsels"
cd and even (possibly) run X in blazing 8 bit color.

Equally frustrated,
jim