Can I use my existing disk partitions?

Dennis Fazio yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 05 Sep 2002 21:21:50 -0500

--On Thursday, September 5, 2002 21:39 -0400 Roy Smith <roy@panix.com>
wrote:

> Also, I don't have a CD-ROM burner, but I do have plenty of free disk
> space!  Do I really need to burn a install CD, or can I just put the CD
> image on a spare partition and install from that?

My guess, and it is just an educated guess, is no. For the installer to
work, it has to boot up itself. I think it's like a mini-Linux-kernal boot.
The YDL installer doesn't run on Mac OS.

With only Mac OS 9 or X running on the machine, I don't know how you would
set the startup disk to a partition that had no Mac OS system folder.
--
Dennis Fazio
dfz@mac.com