3 buttons mice using a pci 2 usb card (yvon)

tony bible yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 18:03:14 -0500

> Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 08:43:13 +0200
> From: yvon <yvon.thoraval@free.fr>
> To: yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
> Subject: 3 buttons mice using a pci 2 usb card
>

> i wonder if someone had experience with a 3 buttons mice thru a pci to
> usb card.
>
> i'm using an oldworld mac i have a 2 buttons kensington mice but i'm
> boring doing F12, however the mices which are sold today are only
> usb/ps2 ...
> --
> Yvon Thoraval
>
> --__--__--

Yvon:

Yes, on my Mac 7300  I have a Belkin 4-port PCI card to which I have
attached a USB Logitech MouseMan Wheel, and it works fine both with Mac
OS and Linux.  Left and right buttons are as expected.  The wheel is the
middle button (you just press it).  The wheel can also be used to scroll
pages in both Linux and Mac OS.  You do have to get the USB software
support from Apple, but it is a free download from their website, and
typical Apple-easy to install.  I bought these items several years ago,
but I would imagine they are still available.

If I can provide you any further information, feel free to contact my
via e-mail.  Oh yes, the usual disclaimer: I have no financial interest
in Belkin or Logitech, etc.

Regards,
tony