USB Zip Drive

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 06:58:24 -0400

It turns out that I did not have the usb libraries installed at the
time.  Run a search for for them on the YDL install CD -- one of them
is called "libusb" I believe (apologies, I don't have the information
in front of me).  Any way, search for "usb" and you will get the rpms.
After that, you can modprobe the modules you need, usb-storage.o for
usb storage media like zip and floppy drives (and perhaps your hard
drive?), acm.o for usb modems (I have a MultiTech USB modem which works
nicely under GNU/Linux), printer.o for usb printers.

Oddly, when I installed YDL onto my machine, I chose "Everything" for
the software group and usb support was not included.