Help!!! Need to fix GUI login!

Anthony Tambourino yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 09:24:48 -0700 (PDT)

I tried looking around the threads for this problem, but saw nothing.

I booted up my Powerbook yesterday and it won't load the GUI login interface.  It gets stuck in a loop at the text interface and I can't break out of it (forcing me to do a hard reset).

I loaded in the rescue CD, but that just gets me to a prompt.  I can't even begin to figure out where to look to try to reset anything.

So right now, my Powerbook is unusable.  Please help!!!

Thanks,

Anthony

PowerBook G3/333 (Lombard), 512 MB RAM, 32 Gig IBM drive, YDL 2.3 only.