local network

Ellis Skinazi yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 18:55:05 +0100

Typing "ifconfig" at the console (text) should give the results you noted
below for the "eth0:" device on each machine - assuming you have one NIC in
each machine. The "lo:" device is usually 127.0.0.1.

If not, then you need to type "netconfig" at the console to configure the
NIC ("eth0:") in each machine.

HTH & regards
Ellis