X window configuration on iMac 2002 (iLamp)--which monitor type?

Ellis Skinazi yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 18:46:40 +0100

Have you logged in as root, and in the home directory (root) typed
"XFree86 -config" so that a file "XF86Config.new" can be created there?

You can compare the new file with "XF86Config-4" in the "/etc/X11"
directory.

DO NOT use the new file in its current state as no window manager will be
loaded.

Instead, you can merge parts of the new file with "XF86Config-4" to try to
get things working. XF86Config-4 is the main configuration file used when
you type "startx"!

Regards
Ellis