Dialing out through the Apple Airport Base Station

Senyo Ofori yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 03:56:44 -0500

Hello all:

I am very new to Linux, and struggling to get out onto the internet. My problem is the following: I have a Powerbook Titanium (year 2002 model), with an internal modem that is not supported under YDL 2.3
I have decided to use the Airport Base Station to dial out. Though I have configured it, and I can get the lights to flicker when I switch the network On and Off , I DO NOT know how to actually DIAL OUT.
I am not able to dial out using a PPP program, because the base station does not seem to appear as a modem. I believe this is because it is configured as an Ethernet connection?? If this is the case, what is the command to use to dial out??
Sorry for the very basic nature of my questions, but with only 2 weeks experience with Linux, I am truly stuck.
Thanks for someone getting back to me with step by step instructions on how to proceed.

Thanks,
Senyo