How do you shut KDE up??

Beartooth yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 28 Sep 2002 13:43:10 -0400 (EDT)

	Every time it boots up it makes a ghastly racket -- usually
with my wife trying to sleep in the next room -- which I suppose it
mistakes for music. I wouldn't mind some sound, if I get to choose
the sound, but I'd far rather have silence than what it inflicts on
me. Ditto for shutdown, which sounds like breaking glassware.

	This is linux, so there has to be a control for it --
somewhere. Has anybody found it?

--
Beartooth the Stubborn <karhunhammas (at) lserv.com>
Linux hatchling w/ RH, YDL, & OSX; Pine 4.43; Pan 0.11.2;