Solved: YDL 2.3/iBook/ethnet - DSL

Brian Isikoff yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 20:24:48 +0000

Howdy All!

Figured I'd post my "solution" in case anyone else searched the archives =
or=20
ran into the same problem in getting Earthlink (PPPoE) DSL to work with=20
YDL2.3 n' all...

I cheated.  After chatting with one of the Linux gurus at work (I didn't =
know=20
he was one until today...), I found the easiest way (involving a few extr=
a=20
$$s, however) was simple to put a lil' Linksys Cable/DSL router between t=
he=20
iBook and the modem.  The modem now handles the PPPoE, and YDL treats the=
=20
connection as a DHCP (and configed quickly using the YDL Network Config).

The joy is writing this email from KMail... =20

Thanks all!

~ Brian