YDL on Xserve?

Fabio Ribeiro yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 13:29:26 -0300

--Apple-Mail-10-126806283

Hi Andreas,

On quarta-feira, abril 2, 2003, at 03:19 AM, Andreas Pack wrote:

> - delete all partitions in the partition-editor
> - create a bootstrap partition with exactly 800k as first partition
> - then create /boot, /home, / -partitions as you like
> - at bootloader configuration say: "no Mac OS is on my system" and
>   choose "install yaboot now"
	Sorry about my ignorance=85 but how you did these steps?
=09
	These steps doesn't look like much complicated as I read. My =
problem=20
in fact is how to access this partition-editor?  I suppose  that you're=20=

using mac-fdisk or pdisk (at least the first one is able to create=20
bootstrap sectors) according to:
=09
	=
<http://penguinppc.org/projects/yaboot/doc/mac-fdisk-basics.shtml>
=09
	But I can't found this tool avalable on YDL cds=85  The main =
problem is=20
how to get access to mac-fdisk (or similar) if I have only a YDL CD and=20=

a 'unbootable system'. :c) Probably I'm missing something very stupid!=20=

:c)

Thanks again!

Fabio=

--Apple-Mail-10-126806283

On quarta-feira, abril 2, 2003, at 03:19 AM, Andreas Pack wrote:

<excerpt>- delete all partitions in the partition-editor

- create a bootstrap partition with exactly 800k as first partition

- then create /boot, /home, / -partitions as you like

- at bootloader configuration say: "no Mac OS is on my system" and

  choose "install yaboot now"

</excerpt>	Sorry about my ignorance=85 but how you did these steps?

=09

	These steps doesn't look like much complicated as I read. My =
problem
in fact is how to access this partition-editor?  I suppose  that
you're using mac-fdisk or pdisk (at least the first one is able to
create bootstrap sectors) according to:

=09

	=
<<http://penguinppc.org/projects/yaboot/doc/mac-fdisk-basics.shtml>

=09

	But I can't found this tool avalable on YDL cds=85  The main =
problem is
how to get access to mac-fdisk (or similar) if I have only a YDL CD
and a 'unbootable system'. :c) Probably I'm missing something very
stupid! :c)

Thanks again!

Fabio</fontfamily>=

--Apple-Mail-10-126806283--