YDL on Xserve?

Andreas Pack yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 03 Apr 2003 12:01:01 +0200

> On quarta-feira, abril 2, 2003, at 03:19 AM, Andreas Pack wrote:
>=20
>> - delete all partitions in the partition-editor
>> - create a bootstrap partition with exactly 800k as first partition
>> - then create /boot, /home, / -partitions as you like
>> - at bootloader configuration say: "no Mac OS is on my system" and
>>   choose "install yaboot now"
> Sorry about my ignorance=8A but how you did these steps?
>=20
> These steps doesn't look like much complicated as I read. My problem
> in fact is how to access this partition-editor?  I suppose  that you're
> using mac-fdisk or pdisk (at least the first one is able to create
> bootstrap sectors) according to:
>=20
> <http://penguinppc.org/projects/yaboot/doc/mac-fdisk-basics.shtml>
>=20
> But I can't found this tool avalable on YDL cds=8A  The main problem is
> how to get access to mac-fdisk (or similar) if I have only a YDL CD and
> a 'unbootable system'. :c) Probably I'm missing something very stupid!
> :c)
>=20
> Thanks again!
>=20
> Fabio

No, nothing is missing. There is a installation-step during the YDL
installation where you can create and delete partitions. So I'm using the
integrated partition editor of the YDL-installation process. There you can
delete any existing partitions and create the partitions that are necessary
for YDL.

Good luck!