Soem advice?

mark yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 22:34:24 +0100

> From: Jonathan <jburtner@mindspring.com>
> To: yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
> Subject: Re: Brand spankin' new to linux.
> Hi Benjamin,>
> I also have a 7200 that I am putting YDL on.. I've just d-loaded 2.3 and
a=
> m going to try it as soon as I burn the disk..
> I've currently got a 500mb disk and 48mb ram in my 7200... Any pointer to
=
> note as to HW setup and OS config that you have run into for the 7200's
or=
>  7300's?
> Thanks in advance,
> jonathan

I think you'll find you'll need a bigger disk if you want to install the KDE
GUI. I found the 2gb I used too small for some of the configurations. a 4gb
disk would probably be enough. I don't know how much the text only
installation takes up though. Stick to all the default options during the
install and you'll be fine. I strayed from them the first time and had to
reinstall with the defaults.