Can't make a CD

Nate Birkholz yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 10:00:52 -0500

On 4/12/03 10:54 PM, "Gustavo Chirinos" <chirinog@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Hi:
>
> Sorry if this has been answered before, but I can't figure out the way
> to make a workable cd install for YDL 2.3.
>
> Follow steps in YDL site
> (http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/ydl_general/iso_burn-
> mac.shtml) using Toast and mounting image, but the CD isn't bootable.
> The Mac OS is X 10.2.
>
> Also tried ISO 9660 option in Toast. Tried to use Disk Copy but don't
> know how to burn in ISO format.
>
> I have read in comp.os.linux.powerpc that the image doesn't be mounted
> before burning (opposite from YDL site). So I really don't konw what to
> do.
>
> I would like to install YDL 2.3 in a PB Wallstreet. I am new to linux
> but would like to give a try on my PB and other 6400 that's sitting in
> a corner.

What happens when you try? The first time I downloaded the image, it was
corrupt. I deleted it and downloaded again. The second time I downloaded, it
burned fine from Disk Copy. I started disk copy and chose "burn disk from
image" from the file menu. Disk Copy chooses ISO automatically based on the
image. Because you are on an "old world" Mac, I don't know if it's that
simple however, since you will not be using YaBoot.