YDL on a iBook?

Tim - yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 04:30:51 +0800

Can YellowDog Linux run on a brand-new 800MHz iBook? It seems like the ATI Radeon 7500 AGP card isn't supported under Linux but I saw a iBook with that card in YDL.com's store of YDL pre-loaded systems and I'd assume that they'd have XFree86 working on them. Is this only possible with YDL 3.0?
How does one get X to work with this card without using the framebuffer drive?
(I couldn't get YDL 2.3 installed but I got a old Debian installed but X was ugly with fbdev).
http://www.linuxmail.org/