YDL/Mandrake release timing

Phil yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 11:19:00 -0400

I grabbed the ISO for Mandrake and installed.  IMHO, it was not ready
for prime time.  None of the gui installers worked on my G4 400 at work
or my B&W at home.  Text based install needed some additional info
passed to it to work.  A total newbie would have been stuck.  I'm glad
they have a PPC port, but I was really disappointed with it.

I'll be installing YDL 3.0 as soon as the ISO's are available.

Just my .02

Phil