Talking to a networked Apple Laserwriter with YDL3

Richard Stanton yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
01 Aug 2003 12:00:07 +0000

OK - I'm beginning to get somewhere here, using CUPS.  I grabbed a PAP
backend for CUPS from here:

http://saf.bio.caltech.edu/pub/software/linux_or_unix_tools/pap_backend_with_cups.txt

And installed as per instructions.  Printing a test page via the web
interface of CUPS gave the a 'connection refused by hostname:631'
error.  I assume this is because I selected medium firewall security
during the YDL setup.  Copying the link for printing a test page and
replacing 'hostname' with 'localhost' resulted in a nicely printed test
page.  My next problem is how do I print from applications?  Whatever
app I go to, the only printing option is 'postscript/default'.  How do I
make my apps see the printer that is now setup through the CUPS web
interface?