Talking to a networked Apple Laserwriter with YDL3

Richard Stanton yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
01 Aug 2003 10:48:17 +0000

Thanks for the reply - I'd been to that page before actually.  I
followed the instructions there, the bit where I get stuck is where it
starts talking about using lpd - since obviously my default ydl is using
cups.  Can I just download & install lpd, or willthe presence of CUPS
mess things up?  For example at the moment I've edited my printcap yet
running lpc & typing status lists the printers from cups, and seems to
ignore my printcap settings.  My printcap file currently says it was
generated by CUPS & any changes to it will be lost!!

Rich