Reply:Grrrr. How do I get this installed?

Norberto Quintanar yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 07:27:05 -0700 (PDT)

--- Katherine wrote ---
"Would somebody, please, in excruciating detail, explain to me what I

need to do to tell the OS where to go and live?  I'm not even trying
to make it share the disk with Os X.  I was going to be nice to YDL
and give it it's very own home, and the frikkin dog just bit me.

--- Katherine quote finished ---

I'm confused in your first post you claim you're not trying to make
Mac OS share the disk with YDL, then in a later post you claim to
have used the Mac OS disk to partition the drive.

--- Katherine wrote ---
And let me add, the option I get with disk utility (10.2 instsall
disk) is called "erase", so I choose this, and I choose Mac OS
Standard, not Mac OS Extended.

The entire "format" process takes, and I'm not kidding, 5 seconds to
complete.
--- Katherine quote finished ---

My question is, do you want YDL 3.0 only on your iMac?  Or do you
want a dual-boot?  Because the processes to accomplish one of the
other are completely different.

=====
--Norberto Quintanar

"You belong to something bigger. From birth. And your life is spent rediscovering the underlying principles, through various players -- coaches, mentors, teachers, spouses, kids. It's in your genes. Your responsibility. Destiny. Is all on you.  Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
--Norberto Quintanar