Reply:Grrrr. How do I get this installed?

Norberto Quintanar yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 09:18:15 -0700 (PDT)

First, you do have all THREE YDL 3.0 disks?  If you do stick the
first one in your CD-Rom, reboot and hold down the "C" key, the
installer should automatically start.  If you don't, get them.  The
installation requires all three disks.  Once started just follow the
instructions, the Anaconda installer is really good.  When you get to
the partitioning let it delete everything, and auto-partition like
you tried before.  This should install easily and readily onto your
system.  Mind you, I've set this up on other iMac 350's and YDL will
install in text mode.  It'll run slow unless you have the maximum
amount of memory you can afford.  I am running YDL 3.0 on a 6500/250
with 128mb memory and a matrox millenium II PCI card as my main
workstation, and it runs fine.  Also, on your first boot-up, CUPS
will take a while to configure, just get up, go get an ice cold
beverage and wait for it to do its thing.  This only happens on the
first boot.  Don't know why.  Good luck Katherine.
and remember: "A computer is like an Old Testament god, with a lot of
rules and no mercy."

--- devilc@cox.net wrote:
> I want YDL only on the drive.  (OS X would be super slow on this
> system.)
>
> However, the instructions all start out by saying use Disk
> utilities to format the drive.  There's nothing in the instructions
> about using YDL install disk #1 to format the drive.
>
> -Katherine-

=====
--Norberto Quintanar

"You belong to something bigger. From birth. And your life is spent rediscovering the underlying principles, through various players -- coaches, mentors, teachers, spouses, kids. It's in your genes. Your responsibility. Destiny. Is all on you.  Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
--Norberto Quintanar