yellowdog-newbie digest, Vol 1 #573 - msgs 8/9

Harvey Ussery yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 14:00:38 -0400

Thank you!! Derick for your excellent post--everything was so very well
said.

I recently installed YDL on my iMac, & had a lot of trouble getting the
GUI up & running, so I had to work exclusively from the command line.
The process had its frustrations, of course, but I learned so much from
going thru it. So many aspects of Linux that were completely
opaque--about its structure, how the system fundamentally works--became
clear(er) as I struggled to make it do what I was trying to do. It felt
especially good when I started to come up with my own "workarounds" to
resolve problems I encountered.

--HU