java plugin will not work in mozilla 1.2.1

Austin Miller yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 4 Aug 2003 16:30:52 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all. I followed the instructions and created a symbolic link from /usr/lib/mozilla-1.2.1/plugins to /usr/local/j2sdk1.3.1/jre/plugin/ppc/mozilla/javaplugin_oji.so but when I open mozilla and go to Help --> About Plugins all that shows up is the default plugin. I am 100% sure that the javaplugin_oji.so file exists and is in the correct location and I also know that the symbolic link exists. Does it have something to do with the file permisions of the plugin? I couldn't find anything usefull on google.
Thanks for time.
Austin

Express Yourself - Share Your Mood in Emails!
Visit www.SmileyCentral.com - the happiest place on the Web.