yellowdog-newbie digest, Vol 1 #601 - 12 msgs

Oscar G. Maldonado yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
07 Aug 2003 16:05:07 -0500

El jue, 07 de 08 de 2003 a las 10:14,
yellowdog-newbie-request@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com escribió:
> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 14:58:27 -0700
> From: Michael Matloob <mmatloob@localhost.localdomain>
> To: yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
> Subject: Can not print with CUPS and Epson Stylus C60
>
> I can not get my printer (  Epson Stylus C60 ) to print anything.
> I have set up my printer with both redhat-config-printer and using
> the web browser at http://localhost:631. It finds the printer and drivers
> and it seems like everything is working correctly, but when I try to
> print by using lp or lpr or by tring to print the testpages in the
> "Test" menu in redhat-config-printer, nothing happens, but on localhost:631
> where is shows the completed jobs, it says that is sent the page to the
> printer and the page had been printed. I tried using the printer in
> OSX and it worked so I think that the problem is with CUPS. I am new
> with CUPS and I have no idea why it is not printing. I am using a
> dual-867 G4 with YDL 3. I am printing with a printer that is attached
> to my computer with a USB cable.
>
> Michael

Hi there, I pass trough the same problem with my C42UX, so after hunting
this topic in the mailing list I found that the driver provided by the
YDL release have some kind of problem passing the data to the printer,
so I did a google and found this link:

http://mirrors.sunsite.dk/redhat/rawhide/ppc/RedHat/RPMS/

I downloaded, and upgraded:

gimp-print-4.2.5-2.ppc.rpm
gimp-print-cups-4.2.5-2.ppc.rpm
gimp-print-devel-4.2.5-2.ppc.rpm
gimp-print-utils-4.2.5-2.ppc.rpm

After that, my printer was working, I still have some minor problems,
but at least I can print now.

Hope this solve part of your problem...

--
__