YDL 3 yaboot not loading

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 8 Aug 2003 16:03:49 +0100

Hi everyone,

Although I finally managed to install YDL 3.0 on my iMac, the yaboot
bootloader is not loading - I can only see the question mark. I am
installing YDL 3 as the only operating system - I have the following disk
partitions

/dev/hda1  1 MB (Apple Bootloader)
/dev/hda2  1280 MB (swap) (ext2)
/dev/hda3  rest of space (77 GB) / (ext3)

While installing I did get an option to choose -

1) yaboot bootloader
2) no bootloader

I chose yahoot bootloader (I repeated the process twice - with the same
result). Can anyone tell me where I could have gone wrong?

A bios on an Intel motherboard has a virus protection feature which when
enabled prevents anyone from writing to the MSB. Is there anything similar
in a Mac? I have never used a mac before!

Thanks in advance,

Dhiraj Bhuyan
Security Research Engineer
BTexact