How do I mount an HFS partition as non-root?

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 17:34:28 -0500

Bill:

On Thursday, August 14, 2003, at 05:27  PM, Longman, Bill wrote:
>> Is there a way to mount the HFS partition in my user
>> account? (This must be a frequently asked question, but I have not
>> found anything on the YDL site.)
>
> All you have to do is put "user" in the options field in your fstab
> file for
> this entry, Clint. Then you can just give the mount command for it and
> it
> will do its magic.

That sounds great! However, please remember that I am a newbie, and I
don't understand any of what you wrote after "All you have to do
is...." Could you be a little more specific (or point me to a source)?
Thanks!

Best wishes,
Clint

--