YDL 2.3 iMac Rev A - can't boot - HELP!!

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 20:07:24 -0400

Ok. Follow your instructions:

1. Boot from YDL CD. When asked about keyboard, pressed ctr-alt-F2.

2. Get "Dayton Install>" prompt.

3. Typed pdisk /dev/hda

4. Get message:
sh: pdisk: command not found.

Looking in a unix book (Complete Idiot's Guide) found "sh" stand for The Bourne Shell.
I then typed "env" as I understood from the book it will give me the environment variables,
but get the following:

sh: env: command not found

Any clue?
Gustavo