Installing YDL: First Drive is Now Inaccessible

Suman Chakrabarti yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 12:52:16 -0500

>Suman Chakrabarti said:
>>  Someone who didn't find the FAQ on the YDL web site. ;-) Because
>>  there isn't one. However, I did find the link that solved things for
>>  me.
>>
>>  http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/ydl_3.0/dual-drive-fix.shtml
>
>Is it possible to disconnect the Mac OS X drive during the install
>and put it back after?   Any boot loader configuration required or
>is it just a matter of selecting the right startup disk?

I don't know. I'm only a week into trying out YDL myself. I've just
assiduously tried to search for answers on YDL sites and the list
archives, but I don't know how to do what you want.

>I'm thinking about moving YDL 3.0 to my DP867 MDD from the old G3,
>but I don't want to screw up the Mac OS X install.

My OS X install instantly came back on my dual-800, after using the
anaconda fix above.

However, I still can't turn on X11 when I log in with "startx". I'm
searching for an answer, but I haven't gotten any replies to my posts.

>  > TD40 / Propulsion Research Center		<Suman.Chakrabarti@nasa.gov>
>>  NASA Marshall Space Flight Center		AIM/iChat:  <scstr@mac.com>
>>  Huntsville, AL  35812
>
>Another Huntsvillian I see...
>
>Mike

Excellent. Let's do lunch!

--
Suman Chakrabarti, Ph.D.
Thermal / Fluids / Plasma Propulsion Modeling Engineer	(& Kitchen Sink)

TD40 / Propulsion Research Center		<Suman.Chakrabarti@nasa.gov>
NASA Marshall Space Flight Center		AIM/iChat:  <scstr@mac.com>
Huntsville, AL  35812
			Schedule:	<webcal://ical.mac.com/scstr/Work.ics>

TD40 is a part of the Space Transportation Directorate at NASA MSFC
Any opinion expressed is my own and not that of NASA

"If it's Sumanly possible, it'll be done."