Installing YDL: First Drive is Now Inaccessible

Mike Murphree yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 13:09:08 -0500 (CDT)

Suman Chakrabarti said:

> My OS X install instantly came back on my dual-800, after using the
> anaconda fix above.

I'd rather not take the chance until I can get a full version of
Retrospect and make a decent backup.

> However, I still can't turn on X11 when I log in with "startx". I'm
> searching for an answer, but I haven't gotten any replies to my posts.

It works on the old PowerBase (603 clone) with G3 accelerator card
installed. Later I changed the default run level and it comes up
in kdm. I greatly dislike the Red Hat customizations of the KDE
environment though.

>>Another Huntsvillian I see...
>>
>>Mike
>>

> Excellent. Let's do lunch!

Possible on another day.  I'm stuck out behind the Jetplex until
my regular project comes back to life.

Mike