yellowdog-newbie digest, Vol 1 #628 - 3 msgs

glenn greenfield yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 22:37:26 -0700

> Hi everybody,=20
> I encounter some video problem when I launch X and then end the session and=
> =20
> This is what happens:=20
>
> 1. Boot into Linux via BootX (Oldworld machine), no video driver checked
> --> my console looks allright=20
> 2. startx --> KDE starts up, all looks allright=20
> 3. logout from KDE session and now just black screen on all virtual=20
> terminals (I can still type and halt the machine)=20
>
> Hardware: beige G3 (+Sonnet G4 upgrade 400 MHz), 352 MB, ATI Radeon 7000
> Mac Edition, Miro Display 1770=20

If you're ending you xsession by using the Log Out try killing the X server itself:
CTRL+ALT+BKSPC

I am not overly familiar with Mac hardware however it sounds much like whatever the Macintosh equivalent of Advanced Power Management would be.  It might be a place to start. *shrug*

http://www.linuxmail.org/