Software wanted for YDL

Patrick Gast yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 00:00:35 -0500

I haven't messed around with Tucows' linux version of their site at:

http://linux.tucows.com

...but thought you'd like to know it's there.  Also, look on sourceforge.net
as there are thousands of projects in the works for linux that are being
updated all the time.  As I am also a newbie to Yellow Dog, I've found that
when searching for software that is linux-compatible, it is best to go with
the PPC version of whatever it is, or if there is a "general linux"-type
version of the software, go with that as the second choice.  If that last
sentence doesn't make sense, what I mean is, there are sometimes certain
packages that are specifically suited to be compatible with certain linux
Oses (Mandrake, Debian, Gentoo, etc.).  Sorry if this still makes no sense
as I am still trying to figure out certain linux intricacies.

Patrick