Find running apps on hard drive

Tobey Wheelock yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 11:29:11 -0400

> Last week I was hunting for the program "KDiskFree" that is available
> in the kicker menu. Every variation of "whereis," "locate," and "which"
> failed to turn up anything for "KDiskFree." Well, it turns out that the
> reason is that the true name of "KDiskFree" is "kdf" (all lower case).
> There is no way, short of a brute force search for everything in every
> directory starting  with the letter "K" or "k," that would reveal that
> fact.

Hi Clinton,

The K menu itself will tell you, as I tried to show in my previous answer
to this question.

Here's another way to find out that KDiskFree = kdf :

1) Right-click on the K menu (the yellow dog on my system)
2) Choose menu editor
3) Navigate to the app you are curious about.
4) Look what shows up in the "Command" field. (In this case,
kdf -caption "%c")

Hope this helps,
Tobey Wheelock