Video

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 15:09:31 -0500

Mr. Ayers:

On Monday, August 25, 2003, at 02:04  PM, Dwayne C Ayers wrote:
> I am installing YDL on a powermac 9600/200 the video is not full
> resolution
> and very hard to read the installation process. Will I easily be able
> correct this after the install? How?

Depending on your exact make of monitor (which you don't say), it
should be easy to change the resolution after you have Yellow Dog
installed. If you are using KDE as your desktop environment, look under
the "K" menu (actually, it has a yellow dog in it), and there are all
sorts of configuration options (some say too many :-) ). Your maximum
color depth will likely be "Thousands." If you are unable to fix that
to your liking, try the directions at:

<http://yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/ydl_3.0/video_config.shtml>

If *that* doesn't work, look to:

<http://www.jonh.net/lppcfom-serve/cache/1043.html>

...which will give you kernel arguments to enter in the little box in
the BootX Control Panel (in the Macintosh environment).

Good luck!

Best wishes,
Clint

--