Orinoco-Airport-DNS problem

Arne Rietsch yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 21:08:08 -0400

Thanks for the replies!

First of all, my wireless card is set up to recieve an IP address via
DHCP (which works, the base station assigns it an IP address (last time
I checked it was 10.0.0.4, the other powerbook running MacOS X is
10.0.0.2). It's just the DNS server IP that is wrong. Note that the base
station does seem to pass the correct DNS server info to the MacOS X
machine (and also to this machine if it's running OS 9). I've gone
through the airport setup assistant and didn't see any settings that
might affect this behaviour.

 >I just saw a Web article on Linux wireless:
 >
 ><http://networking.earthweb.com/netsysm/article.php/3066371>

Thanks for the sight, I had a quick look at the howto link but I'll have
to read it more carefully to see if it has anything pertaining to my
particular problem.

Arne