install modules

Longman, Bill yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 29 Aug 2003 17:19:48 -0700

> I have it's installed,what may I to do now?
>
> > shows that it's installed. If it is not installed you will
> ALWAYS have to
> > use:
> >
> > $ su
> > Password: <root password goes here>
> > # insmod printer

You have too many problems right now. Just become superuser with:

$ su
Password: <root password>
#

Now that you are root, we can solve the module problem.

# insmod printer

Have you ever used "vi"? If you have never used "vi", you need to learn the
basic vi commands. Read the man page for vi:

$ man vi

and learn these keys:

Up    = k
Down  = j
Left  = h
Right = l

Esc = Move mode

i  = insert
ce = change to end of word
x  = delete character

:x = write and exit
:q = quit
:q! = QUIT! Really!! Don't save anything.

Once you learn these, then you can try to add yourself to the sudoers file.

# visudo

will get you into the sudoers file. Read the man page on visudo.

But I think you are trying to solve your printer problem right now....so
maybe next week we can try to help you with printing.

PS - You still have no reply address showing up on the mailing list. It's
strange.