"Overlap" problem with 17 inch studio display (LCD)

Charles Trois yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 31 Aug 2003 15:16:29 +0200

le 28/08/03 20:00, yellowdog-newbie-request@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com =E0
yellowdog-newbie-request@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com a =E9crit=A0:

> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 18:42:15 -0400
> Subject: "Overlap" problem with 17 inch studio display (LCD)
> From: Robert Fernandes <robert.fernandes@verizon.net>
> To: yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
>=20
> Hello folks,
>=20
> I recently installed YDL 3.0 on my powermac. Everything seems fine
> except for the image on my studio display - I have about 1/4 inch of
> the right hand edge of the screen showing up on the left side. Meaning,
> if I move my mouse to the very right of the display, it shows up on the
> far left. Also, the last digit of the digital clock in the task bar
> (KDE) is on the far left instead of the right.
>=20
> Anyone have any answers/suggestions?

Yes. A solution was given a few months ago on the yellowdog-general list.
Here it is:

In the file /etc/X11/XF86config, Monitor Section, replace "dpms" by
"Flat=A0Panel".=20

That's all. It has worked for my 15" LCD iMac, so it might work for you too=
.

Hope that helps.

Charles