No floppy? Timeout on ppp?

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 10:57:04 -0700

I just bought YDL last week, and installed it on a Power Mac 7200.  Programs
(like KWord) cannot seem to "find" the floppy drive.  I get an error message
something like "mdir not found....mtools not installed" or something like that.
Any hints on how to correct the problem?

I cannot get KPPP to work with either of two pretty much "plain vanilla" ISPs
(no special protocols needed for logon).  It can find the modem, can dial the
ISP, and connect at a good speed (52K), but then KPPP just sits there and some
sort of "Timeout" error message comes up.  I have increased the PPP timeout to
the maximum allowed (60 seconds), but still no connections.  Any hints here,
too?

I am guessing that these are not uncommon problems.

Thanks.

RJG

YDL.net - The online community for Yellow Dog Linux users