Thanks for your assistance and now NEW questions...

Suzanne Payne yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 09:34:47 -0000

--On Sunday, February 9, 2003 4:20 pm +0000 Joe Villari
<joev_nylxs@pipeline.com> wrote:

> Glad you had no problem with CUPS. My 4MP is connected to my computer via
> ethernet. I can get CUPS to see it but it just won't seem to print to it.
> I forget the exact error at this point, I'd have to search all my email
> and notes.

Then the relevant bit is probably the port number: 9100

I don't think CUPS offers the port number by default, even when you tell it
you're printing to a JetDirect HP printer.  9100 is the standard JetDirect
port for HP printers.  I selected print to IP and entered the address as
192.168.1.4:9100 ('cos that's the IP number of my printer!).

Hope this helps.

Suzanne