OS X and Samba issue--please elaborate

Tom Marsh yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 13:41:47 -0500

On Saturday, February 8, 2003 at 12:07:15 -0900 "B. Charles Reynolds"
<charlesreynolds@mac.com> said:

> I can't seem to get rid of the login issues to access samba shares. So
> keep OSX on it to be able to do file swapping between the iBook and my
> iMac which does not (yet) have YDL on it.

Please elaborate on your login issue with OS X and samba... I use
jaguar on my powerbook to connect to the samba server on my network
where my home drive is located. I still haven't worked out how to get
OS X to point the /Users folder on OS X machines to a network file
server (but I don't want OS X Server...)

What version of Samba and how do you have it configured? Is it acting
as a domain controller too, or just a simple workgroup CIFS server?

Feel free to mail me if you like...I've met with nothing but success
using samba with jag clients.

tom