Help! YDL 2.3 on an eMac

gelsey yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 00:07:27 -0500

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting YDL 2.3 on my eMac to work. When I use the
default kernel, I can't get past the boot screen because the screen
goes black and nothing happens. But when I use linux -novideo, I can
use text mode, but I can't get X to start (maybe because I'm using
novideo..? but I can log into KDE using failsafe so I'm not sure if
that's it.) I also don't know what to set my monitor to in the Monitor
Selection at setup.

As I said before, I'm using a 700 MHz eMac. It has a Nividia GeForce2
MX graphics card with a Rom # of 1105, card revision: 178, and card
vendor ID: 10de. I don't know whether my problem has to do with the
graphics card or not, but I thought I should list it anyway.

If I had more experience I would try to figure this out myself, but I'm
a total Linux newbie and I have no idea what to do. Any help at all
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Gelsey