mounting hfs for shared partition

Elliott G Williams yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 04:51:24 -0500 (EST)

hello, i am sure this has come up before but there is no good way to look
at the archives so i will just through this out there.

i just installed ydl and 10.2 and want to create a shared parition. i
created a mac os x extended partition with osx disk utility (which ydl
recognized as hfs)

i boot into ydl and try mount -t hfs /dev/hda10 (which is the partition)
and see what happens.

for some reason i never get the contents of my parition (i have stuff on
there from the mac side). all i get is Desktop DB Finder, a Readme file
which basically says that ydl is too old of an mac os to read the
partition and thats about it.

can anyone help me? all i really want to do is create a home directory
whoch is shared between the two oss and it is a little more difficult than
i thought

Elliott Williams

Brain and Cognitive Science, MIT
471 Memorial Dr.