mounting hfs for shared partition

Suzanne Payne yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 12:30:51 -0000

--On Friday, February 14, 2003 1:19 am -1000 Angela Kahealani
<angela@kahealani.com> wrote:

> Suzanne Payne wrote:
>> Maybe try:
>>
>> mount -t hfs+ /dev/hda10
>
> I believe it is "hpfs",
> and when I do it I get a "module not found" error...
> indicating that my YDL kernel doesn't have the code...
> despite having done a full EVERYTHING install of 2.3
> followed by the full cycle of
> apt-get update
> apt-get upgrade
> apt-get dist-upgrade
> until there's nothing more to upgrade.
> apt-get install hpfs
> naturally returns "not found".
> I understand HFS+ support is highly experimental and unstable,
> while the HFS support is READ-ONLY.

Is there an 'apt-get list' command? To see what packages are available and
make educated guesswork as to what the required package might be?

Unfortunately I can't actually try this myself as I gave up on YDL on my
Wallstreet and have yet to install on another machine.

Suzanne