mounting hfs for shared partition

Elliott G Williams yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 12:24:57 -0500 (EST)

okay, so what is the best coarse of action for me to have a shared
partition? when i use that stupid mac osX disk utility, it only allows me
to select mac os or mac os extended or unix (sun ufs which ydl still cant
read) or to leave blank. and i think that if i change any partitions i
would have to reformate again.

can i use ydl to reformat a partition and then manually mount in osX, and
if so what type should i use/is recognized by osX

thanks a lot, you guys are really helpful, and have fast responses

Elliott Williams

Brain and Cognitive Science, MIT
471 Memorial Dr.
Cambridge MA, 02139