install java_2

Suzanne Payne yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 09:22:29 -0000

--On Saturday, February 15, 2003 6:39 pm +1000 Ray Lacgalvs
<admin@rayza.biz> wrote:

> [raiyza@localhost raiyza]$ gunzip jsse-1_0_3_01-gl.zip
> gunzip: jsse-1_0_3_01-gl.zip: unknown suffix -- ignored
> [raiyza@localhost raiyza]$
>
> Do I have to rename the file or is there a different way of opening it?
> I`ve tried various commands & combinations without effect.
> Am running a Mac iBook & trying to install Java(TM) Secure Socket
> Extension  (JSSE) & sincerely hope it can be done.

I think gunzip doesn't unzip .zip files, only .gz (or variants thereof, eg.
.Z).  Try:

unzip jsse-1_0_3_01-gl.zip

If you just type 'unzip' it should list all the possible modifiers for you.

Makes you realise just what a marvellous tool StuffitExpander is!

Suzanne