So New I have an Umbillical Cord

Nick yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 22:25:22 +0000

I thought I'd ask here before I gave myself any further headaches.

I've inherited a 9600/200 4gb hard drive 'allegedly' upgraded to a G3.

Getting the thing to boot and repartition was tricky enough, but after
somehow finding an 8.6 boot disc to partition my little baby i finally
put some space on it for ydl.

So here is the problem. Ran the installation (which reverted to text
without a choice) all seemed fine, initially selected graphical login.
All good so far, was look, its booting i thought.

However then the machine just flicked between a text login display and
a black screen every couple of minutes. Hmmm, i pondered, then i
reinstalled it, this time with a text login. opened it up fine but had
an odd array of errors when i typed startx. Any suggestions?