YDL Question, probably display issue - formerly Umbillical Cord

Nick yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 23:28:13 +0000

Sorry everyone, really bad posting etiquette in the previous subject,
and also not reading the previous thread, I just subscribed and didn't
think to check it owing to a lack of subject (an error i guess i just
perpetuated) but I'm having one of those days where nothing quite seems
to work:

I can seem to KDE to come up in some bizarre fashion by forcing it in
to fail-safe mode from the dexter.py thing. However it is virtually
unusable, and also my asb mouse isn't functioning at all. Does that
mean that this might have the potential to work if i keep trying, or
should i give up?

I wouldn't be that pessimistic normally, but like i said i don't have a
very explicit knowledge of the system as it was handed to me rather
than bought and i am aware its undergone some adaptation. I am also
aware that i could be coming across like a complete moron, but like i
said, incredibly new user (since about four hours ago) with my only
command line experience being dos back in the 90's and more recently a
bit of OS X terminal.

I'm currently running the config program but having difficulty bearing
in mind my skeleton knowledge of the hardware.