Need kernel recompile help

Brian Alston yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 12:18:37 -0500

Hello All

	I was wondering if there was a nice tutorial for recompiling the
kernel. The problem I have is that when my PowerBook (1998 dual-scan
Mainstreet) goes to sleep and then wakes up it seems to lose it's
kernel arguments that I typed into the BootX loader
(video=atyfb:vmode:10 ). So a friend suggested that I put the video
mode into the kernel and then recompile but I have no experience doing
such things. I am using YDL version 2.3. So, if anybody knows of a nice
tutorial to help out I would be very appreciative!

Thanks, have a good day