Need kernel recompile help

Suzanne Payne yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 10:07:02 -0000

--On Saturday, February 22, 2003 12:18 pm -0500 Brian Alston
<balston@nosaltnetwork.com> wrote:

> Hello All
>
> 	I was wondering if there was a nice tutorial for recompiling the kernel.
> The problem I have is that when my PowerBook (1998 dual-scan Mainstreet)
> goes to sleep and then wakes up it seems to lose it's kernel arguments
> that I typed into the BootX loader (video=atyfb:vmode:10 ). So a friend
> suggested that I put the video mode into the kernel and then recompile
> but I have no experience doing such things. I am using YDL version 2.3.
> So, if anybody knows of a nice tutorial to help out I would be very
> appreciative!

Lorks!  This sounds like the problem I had on my Mainstreet!  It also did
the white-screen-thing when I tried to run X (though it displayed in an
external monitor perfectly).  Certainly would be interested to hear about
your kernel building results!

Good luck
Suzanne