Opera 6.11 fighting Privoxy 3.0.0! <snarl, gnash>

Beartooth yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 09:49:16 -0500 (EST)

	Under 7.2, with the proxy set to 127.0.0.1 and the port to
8118, for both http and https (and unset otherwise), it has done
fine ever since I first turned it on.

	Under 8.0 (and also YDL 2.3) I get nothing but "Access
Denied" boxes. I've emptied the cache; closed & re-opened the
browser; and rebooted -- all repeatedly. No soap.

	When Galeon had a similar problem, the solution turned out
to be setting the "automatic" button on the proxy page. Try that
with Opera, tell it Apply and OK -- and all it does is unset the
button, reverting to what it had before.

	Opera has long been my favorite browser, since before I
ever got linux. I've even tried (and failed, more than once) to
register and pay for it. But if it keeps on much longer telling me
to Click Here! in big flashing white on black letters, I'll send it
to Redmond; it's making itself thoroughly unwelcome in my house.

	I'd a lot rather fix it than uninstall it, but how?

	(Just this once, please carbon direct if you have an
answer; we're heading out of town, and I have to turn my
subscriptions off to keep from bursting my inbox quota. Sorry about
that, and TIA!)

--
RR 'Beartooth' Neuswanger <karhunhammas (at) lserv.com>
Double Retiree, Linuxer's Apprentice, Curmudgeon On Line