problems with YDL 2.3

Miguel Blay yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 07 Jan 2003 20:44:56 +0100

--------------000907050605020405060508

Hi everybody

I purchased YDL 2.3 last summer ... and since then i experienced many a
problem...
after successive reinstalls, now I can : (a) use apps (b) surf (DSL via
DCHPPC2) (c) exchange files between Linux and Mac via a 250Mb Zip (MOL?
... ouch ... a litany of bugs next mail, I promise) ... not tooo baaaaad!

 here is the first problem(from a looooonnng list)

let me introduce the everlasting BUG: if I want to change session
(user/root or Gnome/KDE) the only way for me is to reboot otherwise my
cursor gets stuck on the screen: though it worked once "the
desktop=Gnome in place of dektop=KDE" trick recommended on the YDL site
just doesn't change anything

anyone? help?

PS1: I upgraded everything via apt-get and guess what ... it's still
there !!!!!

(G4 Cube)

--------------000907050605020405060508

<head>
</head>
Hi everybody<br>
I purchased YDL 2.3 last summer ... and since then i experienced many a problem...<br>
after successive reinstalls, now I can : (a) use apps (b) surf (DSL via DCHPPC2)
(c) exchange files between Linux and Mac via a 250Mb Zip (MOL? ... ouch ...
a litany of bugs next mail, I promise) ... not tooo baaaaad!<br>
&nbsp;here is the first problem(from a looooonnng list)<br>
let me introduce the <b>everlasting BUG</b>: if I want to change session
(user/root or Gnome/KDE) the only way for me is to reboot otherwise my cursor
gets stuck on the screen: though it worked once "the desktop=Gnome in place
of dektop=KDE" trick recommended on the YDL site just doesn't change anything<br>
anyone? help?<br>
PS1: I upgraded everything via apt-get and guess what ... it's still there
!!!!!<br>
(G4 Cube)<br>

--------------000907050605020405060508--