Higher resolutions on MultiScan 1705 display

David Merwin yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 08:49:01 -0800

Ok, try this,

as root:

cd /etc/X11

pico (or vi... what ever) XF86Config-4

Scroll down to the line that starts:

Section "Screen"

What you are lookign for is the "SubSection" as follows...

SubSection "Display"
      Depth 8
      Modes "--ok this should be set to 600x800--Change it to the
resolution that you want in this case 1024 x 768"
      ViewPort 0 0
        Virtual --ok this should be set to 600x800--Change it to the
resolution that you want in this case 1024 x 768
EndSubSection

SubSection "Display"
      Depth 16
      Modes "--ok this should be set to 600x800--Change it to the
resolution that you want in this case 1024 x 768"
      ViewPort 0 0
        Virtual --ok this should be set to 600x800--Change it to the
resolution that you want in this case 1024 x 768
EndSubSection
SubSection "Display"
      Depth 24
      Modes "--ok this should be set to 600x800--Change it to the
resolution that you want in this case 1024 x 768"
      ViewPort 0 0
        Virtual --ok this should be set to 600x800--Change it to the
resolution that you want in this case 1024 x 768
EndSubSection
SubSection "Display"
      Depth 32
      Modes "--ok this should be set to 600x800--Change it to the
resolution that you want in this case 1024 x 768"
      ViewPort 0 0
        Virtual --ok this should be set to 600x800--Change it to the
resolution that you want in this case 1024 x 768
EndSubSection

Save and rstart x. Should work. On e other note. The cool thing about
KDE (maybe Gnome?) i sthat you can zoom the desktop with the +  or - key
commands. To do this, use the list of resolutions in mode. Like this:
1024 x 768 800 x 600 640 x 480.

Hope this helps.

David Merwin
dave@asulos.com